6 Things Most Bloggers Won’t Tell You About Using Bluehost to Run WordPress Sites
Did you know that WordPress is the no.1 content management system in the world?
Almost every top website like TechCrunch, BBC, Sony Music, MTV is using WordPress to run their sites. That itself tells the importance of using WordPress as your blogging platform.
But WordPress management is NOT easy.
You need to get a web hosting service to have full control over your sites. That’s why it’s crucial to invest your time and money on the perfect hosting.
The #1 important factor for any successful website is the web hosting. Most people are not aware of the importance of choosing the right web hosting to run their WordPress sites.
If you are unsure about which web hosting to pick, I highly recommend you to give a try to Bluehost. WordPress itself recommends Bluehost for its users.
But most of the Bluehost reviews you find online are completely biased and majority of them don’t cover the hidden benefits and uses of using Bluehost to run your WordPress sites. In this page, we’ll cover those details.
Table of Contents
- Using Bluehost on WordPress sites? Know these 6 things first
- #1. Unbreakable security features
- #2. Bluehost offers multiple shared hosting choices
- #3. Bluehost money back guarantee policy
- #4. Difference between Bluehost.com Vs Bluehost.in
- #5. You need to pay for Site Transfer
- #6. $200 marketing offers + free domain
- The good thing about Bluehost is its pricing
Using Bluehost on WordPress sites? Know these 6 things first
Bluehost has amazing features and it also comes at an affordable price tag. They offer you incredible benefits like:
- Free domain name (for 1 year)
- Unlimited email accounts
- 24×7 Live Chat & Phone Support
- Built-in CDN (Content Delivery Network) support with CloudFlare integration
- 30-day Money-back Guarantee
- And many more
So without much ado, let’s now talk about few hidden features and benefits of using Bluehost to run your WordPress sites.
#1. Unbreakable security features
If I had to start blogging from scratch, the #1 thing I give importance to is web hosting security. Web hosting plays a crucial role in your website speed and security.
If you are hosting on a unreliable or cheap hosting service, you might either face frequent downtime issues or your site might get easily hacked by others. So it’s essential for you to install your WordPress sites on reliable and unbreakable hosting providers such as Bluehost.
Bluehost offers all the necessary security features like SiteLock, SSL certificates, daily backups etc.
Bluehost performs daily security scanning to identify if there are any vulnerabilities in your site and protects your site against threats from hackers or crackers.
Here are few security features that are covered in Bluehost SiteLock system.
- XSS Scripting: Checks for cross-site attacks that allow hackers to use your website to solicit your customers.
- SQL Injection: Checks for database attacks where sensitive customer information is stored.
- App Scanning: Checks all applications that have been installed (WordPress, Flash, etc.) for vulnerabilities.
Quick tip: If you are looking for a web hosting, make sure to give top priority to the security features offered by different hosting services first. Then, give a thought to the pricing and also make sure to read the customer reviews on Google who are already using the hosting that you want to try. That way, you can get a better idea about particular hosting service of your choice.
Most beginners who want to use Bluehost don’t know one thing. They don’t know that Bluehost offers various hosting plans for various budgets.
Bluehost basically offers:
- VPS hosting
- Shared hosting
- Dedicated hosting
- WordPress hosting
- Reseller hosting
- Cloud hosting
Among all, shared hosting is the widely used and most affordable option for the starters. You don’t need a VPS or dedicated hosting from Bluehost or any other hosting service when you are just starting out so go for shared hosting as it’s affordable and you can easily run your WordPress sites without any hassle.
If you are just starting out, I highly recommend you to pick shared hosting from Bluehost instead of looking for other options like VPS hosting or dedicated hosting.
And there are 3 pricing packages offered in Bluehost shared hosting.
- Business pro
Here are the quick details about their 3 shared hosting plans so you can easily pick the best one that suits your blogging needs.
#1. Basic plan: It costs you just $3.49 per month. This is the cheap shared hosting plan you can avail from Bluehost. But you can host a single website with 50 GB space. This is perfect for the starters.
#2. Plus plan: This plan costs you $5.95 per month and you can host up to 10 sites without paying them anything extra. This is perfect for bloggers and affiliate marketers who are planning to run multiple domains or sites by hosting on just one host.
#3. Business pro plan: This is the advanced Bluehost shared hosting plan which costs you $13.95 per month. This gives you unlimited access to everything such as hosting space, transferring files, parking domains, managing email accounts etc.
Their shared hosting plans include the following things.
- Unlimited Disk Storage
- Unlimited Domain Hosting (excluding the basic package)
- Free Drag and Drop Site Builder
- Free Domain Name
- Support International Domain Names
- POP3/POP3 Secure E-mail Support
- IMAP/Secure IMAP Email Support
- 3 Different Webmail (Web Based Email) Solutions
- Forwarding Email Accounts (Unlimited)
- Unlimited GB of Site Transfer
- Add-on Domains
- Parked Domains
- Subdomains unlimited
- cPanel Account Control Panel
So what are you waiting for?
#3. Bluehost money back guarantee policy
Most website and blog owners still don’t know about Bluehost money back guarantee. In their Bluehost reviews, they frequently mention that Bluehost offers a 30 days money back guarantee where in reality, Bluehost actually offers ANYTIME money back guarantee.
That means, if you cancel within 30 days you receive a full refund on your hosting service. If you cancel after 30 days you receive a prorated refund for the remainder of your hosting term.
So what does that mean?
If you pay them for 1 year and if you are not satisfied with their features or service, you can get your full money back if you raise a ticket with their support team within the 30 days of the purchase of your hosting.
Or if you are not satisfied after a month (let’s assume you asked for a refund after 2 months), Bluehost still gives you the remaining 10 months money that you paid them. Most hosting services don’t offer this kind of feature. They usually offer a 30 day money back guarantee and if you ask for a refund after 30 days, you won’t get any penny (even if you paid for annual hosting). So that’s a good news for those who want to give a try to Bluehost hosting service.
Quick note: Their money-back guarantee applies to hosting plans, but does not apply to most add-on products, such as domains.
#4. Difference between Bluehost.com Vs Bluehost.in
If you are an Indian blogger, you might be wondering which one to use: either Bluehost.com or Bluehost.in to run your WordPress sites.
Let me explain you the difference between Bluehost.com Vs Bluehost.in really quickly here.
If your audience are international, go for Bluehost.com (it has some exclusive features and you will be charged slightly more than that of Bluehost.in hosting when considering the price conversions). If you are just targeting the Indians, go for Bluehost.in.
But I highly recommend you to go for Bluehost.com if you are unsure about what to pick among the two as you can use dollars (even PayPal) to pay for your hosting plans.
#5. You need to pay for Site Transfer
If you are already using another web hosting service (such as A2 hosting, JustHost or HostGator) and want to migrate to Bluehost, you need to either do it by yourself or you need to pay extra money for Bluehost for the site transfer.
You can migrate up to 5 websites and 20 email accounts (for only $149.99)
Here’s what you will get from site transfer service from Bluehost.
- Complete migration: Bluehost team will migrate your site completely along with up to 20 email accounts from previous hosting to the new.
- Uninterrupted transition: No hiccups while migrating your site. They have a team of experts to migrate any site really quickly without any hassles.
- No issues: Once migrated, you review your websites to verify that all is functioning as expected. You can also enjoy the security and convenience of 24/7 support long after your migration is completed.
That being said, here are few things you need to remember:
- Bluehost does not currently offer migration support for Reseller, VPS, or Dedicated Server accounts.
- This service does not include transferring of domain name registrations. Please use our Domain Name Transfer Utility to transfer your domain to your Bluehost account.
- Some email account passwords may be updated in accordance with security standards for our systems.
#6. $200 marketing offers + free domain
Most bloggers don’t tell you about the Bluehost $200 marketing offers. You can use these marketing credits to promote your site on Google AdWords, Bing ads etc.
Here are the BlueHost marketing offers you get:
- $125 in Google Adwords credits (once you spend the $25, you will get $100 AdWords credits so it’s $125)
- $25 in Yahoo credits
- $25 Bing credits
- Free search engine submission
Here’s how to use their marketing offers on Bluehost.
- Login to your Bluehost account and open your cpanel for your account.
- Find the group of icons labeled “Promotional”.
- Click on the Google Adwords icon.
- Click the generate code button to get your Google Adwords promotion code.
Quick note: Once you have spent $25 on Google Adwords, you’ll automatically receive an additional $100 in advertising.
The good thing about Bluehost is its pricing
Majority of the bloggers use Bluehost shared hosting to run their WordPress sites because of its affordable pricing. Yes, there are so many other great choices out there such as WP Engine, WPX hosting, Siteground etc but they are all expensive.
They cost you $30 per month at an average and here’s where Bluehost wins the race by offering their hosting plans at just $3.95 per month. No other hosting service provides so many unique features as Bluehost does at an affordable price tag that only Bluehost can offer.
So if you are looking for a reliable, WordPress recommended and affordable hosting to run WordPress sites, you should definitely consider using Bluehost. I’ve been using their hosting for over 5 years now and I never faced any hosting related issues whatsoever.
Final thoughts about using Bluehost for WordPress sites
If you search for the keyword “Bluehost review for WordPress”, you will find thousands of articles on Google search results. Not every piece of content that you find online gives you precise information about Bluehost hosting.
Most people write biased reviews about Bluehost to increase their affiliate sales. For a change, I tried to cover as much as “hidden features of Bluehost” by giving you the honest details about their hosting services and other charges. Also make a note that, Bluehost is used by over 2 million users worldwide and they are in the hosting industry for over 2 decades now so they know how to provide unique features to run your WordPress sites fast and secure.
I hope this article helps you to decide whether Bluehost is right or not to run your WordPress sites. Do you have any questions? You can mail me at [email protected] and I’d be glad to respond.